£22,285 per annum – Somerset, TA1 (Occasional Home Working)
An Administration Officer is needed to join an award-winning, innovative and fast-growing charity, headquartered in central Taunton. Joining on a 1-year contract (there is the possibility of extension) expect a hands-on-role providing admin support to the Senior Management team.
Established in 1926, they are one of the largest independent Charities in Somerset and lead the way in inspiring and enabling positive change for Somerset’s people, places and enterprises with a diverse team of passionate local experts. They are now seeking an Administration Officer with exceptional communication skills to take the initiative and get the job done.
Reporting to the Finance / Office Manager, the Administration Officer will be responsible for providing support to the whole organisation, including arranging, and administering meetings, grant administration, directing employees to IT support and processing expenses. Whether you are taking minutes, assisting in the management of the day-to-day operations, dealing with incoming post / phone calls / emails, processing grants to clients, ensuring accordance to CCS policies & procedures or helping with IT issues (purchasing laptops / mobile phones), it will be your excellent interpersonal skills that ensures the smooth running of this exciting charity.
To qualify… You should be an Administration Officer / Office Administrator / Administration Associate / Administration Manager / Admin Assistant / Administrative Assistant / Office Manager / Personal Assistant or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Previous experience in an administrative support or PA role
- High quality verbal and written communication skills required to present information in a clear and accessible way
- Experience of supporting Boards of Directors/Trustees, taking, and writing minutes and summarising discussions
- Experience in arranging events, conferences, and meetings
- Excellent skills in standard Microsoft packages including O365, Excel, Word, SharePoint, Teams, Zoom and OneDrive
- An awareness of data protection, security and confidentiality
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- You are honest and reliable with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to adapt and juggle a range of extra tasks
- Experience of grant administration / rural issues or the third sector would be a bonus
You will need to be able to get to their central Taunton office regularly. Full driving licence and access to a reliable vehicle would be useful.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Administration Officer who is proactive and passionate about helping others and their community.