£Negotiable DOE + Benefits – Dorset, BH8
An Art Director / Senior Art Director is needed to join a creative-led agency working from offices in Bournemouth to lead and push design boundaries across their brand, communication, digital and experiential offering. With an eye for precise and detailed design, and an in-depth knowledge of design trends, communities and cultures, you will play a key role managing and mentoring a team of talented designers, whist creating beautiful and results driven communications that resonate with audiences.
Established in 2001, this award-winning agency, with adventure at its heart, breaks new trails and builds bridges, constructing meaningful connections with audiences by equipping their clients with effective methods, tools, and structures to maximise engagement and ultimately reach their goal. Due to continued success, they are now seeking a creative Art Director / Senior Art Director who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and loves the challenge of discovering what makes consumers tick.
Joining as the creative Art Director / Senior Art Director you will lead and co-operate with a design-focused team to take work from concept to final execution within deadline and budget. Whether you are generating clear ideas and concepts, creating headline copy, presenting scamps / storyboards to visualise your thinking, managing your team, or delivering client presentations, it will be your excellent creative and interpersonal skills that delivers outstanding results for clients.
In short, the goal is to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive communications that stimulate targeted audiences.
To qualify… You should be an Art Director / Senior Art Director / Creative Art Director / Creative Designer / Senior Designer or similar with a CV and portfolio that demonstrates:
- Departmental and team management experience in a similar Art Director / Senior Designer role leading ideation sessions, workshops and brainstorms
- Ability to utilise your full range of design skills through hands-on design work on relevant briefs
- Establish a strong design culture and develop a reputation internally for high standard work that is delivered on time and exceeds expectations, with a meticulous level of attention to detail
- Mentor and manage a team of multi-disciplinary designers, leading creative reviews and setting meaningful goals
- Critique and QA all design output to ensure the highest of standards is always maintained
- Interest in research and desire to validate design decisions wherever possible
- Ability to explain design decisions to a range of stakeholders and relish constructive feedback
- Commercial nous, able to apply design thinking methods to solve business problems
Joining a talented and enthusiastic team, this is a unique opportunity for an Art Director / Senior Art Director to be part of an exciting highly creative marketing agency full of energy and ideas.