£26000.00 – £35000.00
We are a specialist management consultancy firm looking for graduates at the early stages of their career with excellent analytical skills who want their work to make a difference. Come join our client-facing Oxford-based consultancy team as an Associate Consultant! You will be growing the skills and knowledge, in a friendly and supportive environment, to gradually take on increasing responsibility in the production of our visual maps that help clients see their systemic problems and how they can change them.
We are an innovative consultancy combining visual and systems thinking, along with data mapping techniques, to help people understand anything thats big, complex, ambiguous, or difficult, in order to unlock the kinds of conversations that are necessary for long-term, systemic change to occur. Our visual maps create a shared understanding of whats going on, and where the potential problems lie. With software developers and illustrators working alongside our consultants, we bring diverse skills and perspectives to our client work, resulting in a creative, dynamic, and highly collaborative place to work for new graduates.
Day to day, our Associate Consultants might be gathering data, analysing internal systems / hierarchies, organising content-gathering workshops, commissioning visuals from our illustration team, presenting solutions to clients, structuring data, and connecting datasets together or working with the development team to get a map up onto our interactive online platform. Graduates will be picking up and honing project and client management skills, analytical skills, presentation skills, data mapping skills and a plethora of soft skills. You will be allocated your own performance coach to help you proactively manage your growth and development. Whilst any experience in consulting or a client-facing role is advantageous, this is not essential. What is KEY is your ability to hold and make sense of a high volume of complex or ambiguous concepts, your hunger to learn and develop, and your curiosity and openness to different perspectives and feedback.
To apply, please send us a CV and include a cover message explaining why you are interested in this role and how your experience demonstrates youre a good fit. This role will likely be filled by candidates from very different academic disciplines. You could be a science, business, or arts graduate, we dont mind, as long as youve got, or are on track for, a 2.1 or higher and can show us you have:
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to hold and make sense of a high volume of complex or ambiguous concepts.
- An aptitude for data organisation, mapping, and modelling.
- Curiosity, openness to different perspectives and feedback
- A hunger to learn and develop.
- A proactive attitude, willing to try new things.
- A creative streak and an aptitude for visual thinking.
- An aptitude for seeing the bigger picture and being able to represent it back to people in a way that is meaningful and simple.
- Strong collaboration skills you understand how to work in a team and with a wide range of people.
- The ability to adapt and be flexible and to see challenges as opportunities.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
Any previous experience working with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator would be valuable, but can be learned on the job.
In return the Associate Consultant can expect an opportunity to join a thriving and dynamic firm where benefits include:
- Friendly tight-knit Oxford-based team, with colleagues driven by a desire to make a difference in the world.
- Salary of £26-35k based on a 35-hour week.
- 25 days paid holiday & all bank holidays.
- +5% employer pension contribution
- Employee travel season ticket loan available
- Flexible and remote working policies 3 days a week office based (4 for the first six months)
- Dedicated Performance Coach and opportunities for career progression
- Generous sick pay and parental leave policies
- Salary sacrifice options available for pension contributions and cycle-scheme purchases
- Full suite of IT equipment (including MacBook Pro and AirPods)