£Competitive + Excellent Benefits – Other Europe, Berlin, Germany
A College Principal is needed to join a modern music institution with colleges across the UK (where music matters most). Expect an exciting opportunity to combine your knowledge of the contemporary Film, Screen & TV industry with your experience within the education sector to steer their new Berlin school from initial set up and opening phase to full maturity.
With over 50 years’ experience in helping students launch successful careers in the music industry. Our client is the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe the Screen and Film School currently has colleges located in Brighton, Manchester and Birmingham, and will open in Berlin in September 2022. They are now seeking a College Principal / Headteacher to take up a lead role supporting students and ensuring that they can realise their potential.
Reporting to the Executive Principal, the College Principal will be responsible for the leadership, line management and business development of the college. Whether you are supporting the Executives and Senior Management team in the development and implementation of the College’s academic, strategic and operational policies; ensuring that the highest standards are met in respect of student punctuality, attendance and engagement or developing and delivering regular staff training and development for all staff, it will be down to the College Principal to ensure the college grows to its full potential.
To qualify… You should be a College Principal / Headteacher / Deputy Headteacher or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in a management role within education, as well as strong links within the creative industries (Film, Screen).
- A strong commercial understanding and experience of business development.
- You are a confident and dynamic team leader with the ability to fulfil a wide range of duties in order to ensure the continued success of the school.
- The ability to maintain extensive high-level industry links locally and internationally, and to develop and sustain effective partnerships with the local professional community.
- Excellent knowledge of Further and Higher Educational levels as well as a strong understanding of the contemporary Film and Screen industry.
- The ability to understand and deal with creative professionals within the context of the film and screen industry and higher education.
- The ability to lead, develop and coordinate a team of full and part time staff successfully.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Strong computer literacy with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
This is an excellent opportunity for a College Principal with a strong work ethic, looking to work for a leading music institution offering career progression and a great working environment.