£70000.00 – £80000.00
Eleven is the topic-expert writing company, meaning our writers hold substantial experience and expertise in the topics to which theyre assigned. We focus on delivering bespoke, quality-driven content marketing services to our clients.
Since opening our doors in early 2019, weve had the pleasure of working with some of the worlds largest and most prestigious digital publications, such as Marie Claire, TechRadar, Toms Guide, and Architectural Digest.
We are looking to continue expanding and focus on building a clientele of SaaS and Startup companies, which we have already had good success working with and feel offer the greatest opportunity to Eleven.
Carefully building our talented and diverse team over the last 4 years, we now comprise more than 60 writers, editors, account managers, and senior team members.
Alongside our content services, we also plan to grow the Eleven brand and company through the Eleven Academy, a hub of educational courses for online content creators (writers, editors, SEOs, and publishers). Our first course will teach beginner content writers how to succeed as a freelance writer and thrive in the AI revolution.
As Commercial Director, you will be responsible for leading revenue generating efforts across all of our services. You will oversee sales, some operations, and work collaboratively with the senior team to ensure Eleven achieves its revenue targets.
You will be responsible for building and executing a revenue growth strategy that includes identifying new marketing opportunities, developing pricing strategies, and expanding the customer base.
Note that this is a full-time remote position requiring 40 hours of work per week.
Some of the advantages of working with Eleven:
- Collaborate with some of the worlds largest online brands, including TechRadar, Toms Guide, BestMoney, Top10.com, and Cardano, with readerships in the millions per month.
- Work with industry-leading writers, editors, senior managers, and business developers who are experts in their respective fields.
- Have your achievements recognised and rewarded with bonuses and share options.
- Work 100% remotely and flexibly.
- Join a fast-growing company (83% revenue growth in 2021 & 127% revenue growth in 2022)
Sales & Marketing
- Develop and implement the organisation’s revenue growth strategy.
- Develop and improve sales materials.
- Business development, sales outreach, growth from existing clients.
- Attend relevant in-person marketing events (expenses paid).
- Work with Account Managers to ensure client satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key clients and partners.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure alignment and drive revenue growth.
- Develop pricing strategies and implement pricing models that maximise revenue.
- Communicate revenue goals, progress, and performance to executive leadership.
- When the time is right, build out a sales and marketing team.
Working closely with our Head of Operations:
- To improve the customer experience.
- To improve the experience of working at Eleven.
While sales, marketing and operations are the primary focus, there are lots of opportunities to get involved in other areas of the business. Therefore, your role may require you to perform work outside of the duties listed above to help drive the business forward.
Required skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Irreproachable English language skills.
- Strong understanding of written content, especially blog, thought leadership, and SEO content.
- Significant experience in similar roles, such as Sales Director, Sales Executive, etc.
- Experience creating successful revenue growth strategies.
- Experience building partnerships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and sales skills.
- Significant experience managing and talking to clients via video calls and in person.
- Experience working in an executive team and contributing to top-down strategy.
- Familiarity with a range of online article formats and styles, such as blogs posts, software/product reviews, feature articles, technical guides, and how-to articles.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to account managers to help them improve their work and meet client expectations.
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Motivated by the long-term growth of the company as well as long-term personal goals and rewards.
- Ability to show initiative and be proactive in seeking solutions.
- Willingness to respond positively to constructive feedback.
- Strong work ethic and a professional attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable using collaboration software (i.e., Google Workspace; Slack)
Pay, Bonuses & Logistics
- Salary: Serious salary with bonuses and significant share options available based on profit targets.
- 40 hours per week; remote; flexible schedule (choose your own hours; some weekly meetings are mandatory).
- The role can be performed either as a contractor with a fixed retainer or an employee with an employment contract.