£Competitive + Bens (Share Options) – London, SE1 (Flexible Working)
A Commercial Manager is needed to join a rapidly growing, early-stage start-up specialising in low-carbon living. As their first commercial hire, expect a rare opportunity to shape your own role, spot opportunities and make connections with an incredibly wide spectrum of the electric vehicle world; from energy to automotive companies, from businesses on the ground installing charge points in people’s homes to international car brands.
Their office is based in London, they are flexible as to whether you prefer to work from 2-5 days per week in the office.
With a mission to supercharge the transition to low-carbon living, this innovative start-up is building beautifully simple technology that makes it cleaner, cheaper and easier than ever to go green. Due to exciting growth, they are now seeking a Commercial Manager who is an instinctive self-starter and born negotiator to join their CEO.
Working hand-in hand with the CEO, the Commercial Manager will own the partnerships strategy from the outset, developing partners as the key growth channel and a major focus for their team. While managing the partners will be your focus, there could also be the opportunity to deliver new products and services.
In more detail the Commercial Manager will:
- Grow the family of partners including car dealerships, leasing companies, car manufacturers and many more.
- Nurture existing partnerships and develop a joint value proposition for how they can make it easier for these partners to sell electric vehicles.
- Develop your own profile in the industry by attending public events, in the media, and pitching to potential partners.
- Manage the growth of their Installer Network to ensure customers continue to receive industry-leading customer service.
- Provide insights into the Product Team as they design tech to work for partners and their customers.
- Where opportunities exist, own the delivery of new products and services, from structuring propositions, working with the Product Team, and devising a go-to-market strategy.
To qualify… You could be a Commercial Manager / Commercial Director / Senior Commercial Manager / Partnerships Manager, we don’t mind, as long as your CV demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar Commercial role.
- You’re business minded and have experience winning and nurturing commercial relationships over time.
- You’re an instinctive self-starter, just as good at identifying the right task to take on as getting it done.
- You are a born negotiator, you’re able to secure a great deal, finalise the contract clauses, and sustain a long-term relationship in the same master stroke.
- You are naturally data curious, you proactively seek out new sources of information and continuously ask questions of the data.
- You’re highly collaborative, and default to ‘share with everyone’.
- You’re not afraid of shaping your own role and spotting new opportunities – as the first person in the commercial team, the questions you will tackle won’t all be on this job description.
- You are comfortable using a range of tools such as CRM systems, Google Docs and Microsoft Office to communicate ideas both internally and externally and to organise your work.
- You have strong future leadership potential.
In return, the Commercial Manager can expect Share options (they want the team to have ownership in the business), 26 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays), a nice office environment in Zone 1 or 2 (they’re weighing up options; maybe you can help to choose?), and a amazing opportunity to learn and grow (you’ll be commercial hire #1. If you’re the right person, you’ll turn the role into something they haven’t even imagined yet).