£30000.00 – £35000.00
A Community Manager / Membership Account Manager is needed to join a small consultancy who care about transforming government and public services to improve the lives of people in the UK. If you’re interested in government accountability and transparency or learning about an interesting new field in public sector procurement in a friendly, welcoming team, then we want to hear from you!
With an aim to harness public purchasing power for social and environmental good, the consultancy primarily helps technology companies understand how the public sector buys their services. They are renowned for providing tech suppliers with guidance on how to write and present effective bids. Due to continued success they are now seeking a Community Manager / Membership Account Manager to lead on the delivery and growth of their membership offering by giving members a great experience by helping them get maximum value from the service.
Joining as the Community Manager / Membership Account Manager you will be responsible for membership retention, building strong relationships, creating opportunities to engage clients further and new sign ups. On a day-to-day basis expect to maintain a smooth onboarding process, conduct welcome calls, identify opportunities, respond to member requests (email, call, community platform), assist in the management of events, work closely with the marketing team to help develop a content strategy to engage potential members, and anything else necessary to build advocacy and loyalty of members.
This role is 100% remote, or you can work in a co-working space in Brighton (or near where you live). There will be occasional meetings in Brighton, once a quarter.
To qualify… You should be a highly organised and proactive Community Manager / Membership Account Manager / Membership Manager / Membership Development Manager / Business Development Manager / Membership Sales Manager / Membership Marketing Manager / Member Relations Executive / Engagement Account Manager or similar, with excellent people skills and a CV that can demonstrate:
- Experience in a similar membership / sales / client relationship role.
- A real ambition to grow with the business.
- You understand expectations when attending member meetings or events, with regards to preparation, networking/engaging with members, representation of company values, and follow-ups.
- A flexible attitude, you can do what it takes to succeed in an evolving small company.
- You are resourceful with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A positive approach to sharing of ideas and giving feedback to peers.
- Practical experience of managing and using a CRM system.
- You are curious about how they can leverage technology to increase efficiency and improve the member experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good use of MS Office (includes Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
If this, is you and you would like to proceed on to the next stage of the recruitment process: Apply Now You will receive an email outlining the process with the next steps!
In return the Community Manager / Membership Account Manager will benefit from:
- Flexible working pattern = 9-day fortnights (instead of 10 days)
- Flexible working hours
- 22 days annual leave plus England Bank Holidays
- Work from anywhere
- Co-working space membership if desired
- Annual bonus based on split of company Net Profit
- Employee Assistance Programme free mental health support via phone call or in-person therapy sessions through Health Assured, including 24/7 helpline for you and your immediate family.
- Individual development budget, plus company-wide training sessions in a range of topics/areas
- Significant opportunities to contribute to the development of a progressive company.
- Ability to join working groups in areas like health and wellbeing; Net Zero; training and development; diversity and inclusion.
- Reasonable adjustments to support you if you have a disability.
- £50/month work from home allowance (after 3-month bedding in period)
- Unlimited time for volunteering (after 3-month bedding in period.
Our client has made all efforts to make their recruitment accessible and inclusive, to remove biases that are baked into traditional hiring practices. They welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, gender, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Of their core team:
45% are women (5/11)
27% are from ethnic minority groups (3/11)
9% have a disability (1/11)
They are actively seeking to diversify their team!