£Competitive + Excellent Benefits – Brighton, BN3
A Financial Accountant is needed to join a modern institution with colleges across the UK. Expect to support the Group Financial Accountant in all aspects of financial accounting and tax.
With over 35 years’ experience in helping students launch successful careers in the creative industry. Our client is the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe offering a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Due to exciting growth, they are now seeking a Financial Accountant to join their finance team.
The Financial Accountant will play a key role in supporting all areas of financial accounting, managing the group’s tax responsibilities and leading the DaDA grant process (prior knowledge of DaDA funding not required). Whether you are producing subsidiary accounts and year-end consolidation journals; liaising with external tax teams and auditors; producing quarterly balance sheet reconciliations; coordinating external production of capital allowance reports or any other accounting task, it will be your excellent understanding of current accounting standards including FRS 102 and IFRS, that supports the smooth running of the finance department.
To qualify… You should be a Financial Accountant / Qualified Accountant / Accountant / Finance Professional / Finance Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- You are a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent).
- Previous experience of accounting-based software applications.
- An excellent understanding of current accounting standards including FRS 102 and IFRS.
- A good understanding of the components of company tax, as covered in the above qualifications.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Very good communication skills.
- You are comfortable liaising with senior management across the Group, dealing with sensitive information, liaising with families and student, and maintaining GDPR requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Financial Accountant with a strong work ethic, looking to work for a leading music institution offering career progression and a great working environment.