£50 – 60k DOE. – Kent, Ashford
A Financial Controller is needed to join a collective of companies experiencing strong growth in the design and furnishing sectors. Working from their office in Ashford, expect to take overall finance management for a group of exciting companies.
This leading group is made up of three companies, that consist of a high-end interior design company, homewares, and textiles shops (in various locations) and a company that specialises in international and domestic fabric sales. Due to exciting growth prospects on the horizon, they are now seeking a Financial Controller, to join their passionate team.
Joining as the Financial Controller you will control all aspects of finance, contribute commercially, and oversee the successful expansion of the group. Due to their current size all aspects of the financial day to day processing needs to be managed carefully and delegated to your team where appropriate, to allow you to focus on management reporting and future opportunities.
In more detail the Financial Controller will:
- Manage the Accounts Assistant and Admin assistant.
- Work with the purchasing managers to ensure they have accurate costings to ensure margins are maintained.
- Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable for all companies.
- Conduct monthly time analysis with the design director to ensure accurate billing.
- Generate client invoices, including direct correspondence with clients.
- Prepare Management Accounts and a Monthly board pack.
- Produce Quarterly and Monthly VAT returns including refunds.
- Oversee year end processes with external accountants.
- Oversee the monthly collation of the payroll.
- Be responsible for all journals and final ledger balances.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Oversee insurance and subscription renewals and negotiations.
In short, this is a very hands-on role that requires an ambitious individual looking to grow in a company that is really going places. The right person will grow with the role, with directorship potential within the next few years.
To qualify… You should be a Financial Controller / Finance Controller / Head of Finance / Management Accountant / Finance Manager or similar, with a CV that demonstrates…
- Experience in a similar role with a good all round finance background
- CIMA / ACA / ACCA qualified or qualified by experience
- Excellent all round computer skills
- Strong management skills, to ensure your team excels.
- The ability to explain complex financial information in accessible terms.
- The ability to think beyond the numbers and take a holistic view of the companies.
- Knowledge of Xero, Sage 50, Toggl and EstiPC would be a distinct advantage.
Joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people you should be a finance professional excited at the prospect of joining a rapidly growing, revolutionary business.