£25,500 – £42k (FTE) + Excellent Benefits – UK Wide, Flexible Hours, 15 – 30 hours UK Remote
A Front-End Developer / Web Developer is needed to join an agency who partner with charities and pro-social organisations. Expect to work every day on developing bespoke websites, web applications and prototypes that change the world for the better with tech.
This role can be 15 to 30 hours per week, full-time remote or a mixture of working from home and from their office in Manchester, it is up to you.
For more than a decade, this inspiring agency has partnered with charities, individuals and CSR leaders to combat society’s biggest issues with award-winning digital innovation, harnessing technology to impact people’s lives for the better. They are now seeking a Front-End Developer / Web Developer who will relish the opportunity to build life-changing digital products.
The Front-End Developer / Web Developer will work with a talented front-end team developing bespoke websites, web applications and prototypes. Whether you are working on and developing key products; collaborating with team project members across a spectrum of disciplines; learning and utilising frameworks and libraries; researching the latest best practice techniques and online innovations or explaining technical issues to non-technical staff, it will be your superb attention to detail and eye for what looks good that ensures fantastic results for clients.
The projects they work on reach millions of users and tackle the toughest social issues. Some examples include:
- A chatbot to provide support to young people at risk of being groomed or exploited
- An app that helps parents and carers of children with serious illnesses, to better manage their complex medicinal routines
- Web-based peer to peer platform, which helps those in need to apply for the benefits they need and deserve
The work they do makes getting out of bed a whole lot easier. So, how do you fancy joining their team of digital heroes today?
- Experience in a commercial environment
- CMS-driven theme development from the ground-up; particularly Drupal and ideally WordPress
- SPA and JS MVC/MVVM development e.g. Vue.js, React, Angular, etc.
- Creating and enhancing development workflows e.g. Webpack, Gulp, etc.
- Good knowledge of web accessibility principles
- Good knowledge of browser performance principles
- Good knowledge and understanding of PHP
- Source control via Git and Bitbucket
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- You work towards continuous improvement – researching and adopting new techniques.
In return the Front-End Developer / Web Developer can expect a fantastic benefits package that includes flexible working hours, enhanced maternity / paternity package, a staff perks package, childcare vouchers and much more, all within an office populated by talented and enthusiastic people who thrive on producing exceptional solutions in an environment they truly love to be in.
Although this is a remote role, we’re currently only accepting applications from candidates who are based in and have a right to work in the UK. We are unable to accept applications from candidates who are based overseas at this time.