£30k – 45k + Benefits – London, SW9
A Web Developer / Full Stack Developer, with commercial web development experience, is needed to join an industry-leading design and development team. Our client is the art world’s leading online database software provider and website platform. We design and build cutting- edge products to help thousands of arts sector clients to run their business and create their own beautiful online presence.
Based in London & New York, our client is on a mission to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists & collectors the time and space to do the things they love. Their high energy, high standards culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. They are passionate about building the most advanced database and website platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to their growing list of over 2,000 clients across six continents.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until the team eventually transition back to working from their London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in their London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
ABOUT THE WEB DEVELOPER ROLE:
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Web Developer / Full Stack Developer to help develop their industry leading online art database software (inventory management, CRM and built-in marketing tools) and to assist with their growing platform for online art fairs and events. You would be working in a growing team making trailblazing web-based applications with products that are the best in their sector.
To qualify… With the support and direction of an incredible tech team, you will need to demonstrate a good standard of relevant programming skills and the desire to learn and adapt quickly. You will need to be a passionate Full Stack Developer / Web Designer / Python Developer / PHP Developer or similar who can demonstrate:
- Experience of one backend programming language such as Python, Ruby or PHP;
- Expertise with relational databases such as MySQL;
- A minimum of two year’s commercial web development experience;
- A keen eye for detail, not just as a maker but also from the end user’s perspective;
- The ability to embrace new working practices and methodology;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Problem solving ability with analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
An interest in the creative industries and fine art in particular, would make the position even more exciting and enjoyable but this is not at all required.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Web Developer to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time. Our client is already well established but very ambitious for high growth. They have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of over 50 people who are a diverse and welcoming group.
Our client’s London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. Located in a vibrant creative hub of businesses within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
- Friendly and relaxed working environment
- The security of a long-established business with a stable team
- The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
- Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
- Best in class software to support the team, including Zendesk, Monday, Slack.
On return to office based working….
- Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
- Free team lunch every Friday
- Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
- Awesome on-site canteen
- Indoor bicycle parking and showers