£35 – 45K + Benefits – London, SW9
A talented Graduate Programmer / Data Engineer who has programming ability and a passion for data is needed to join an industry-leading design and development team. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career building data migration tools and APIs for clients in the arts sector.
Based in London & New York, our client is on a mission to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists & collectors the time and space to do the things they love. Their high energy, high standards culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. They are passionate about building the most advanced website and database platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to their growing list of over 2,000 clients across six continents.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until the team eventually transition back to working from their London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in their London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
ABOUT THE GRADUATE PROGRAMMER / DATA ENGINEER ROLE:
The successful Graduate Programmer / Data Engineer will help adapt new clients’ data from legacy systems to fit the required format using Python.
With the support and direction of an incredible tech team you just need to demonstrate good programming skills, a keen eye for detail and the desire to learn and solve problems.
To qualify… You will need to be a passionate Python / C# /C++ /Ruby programmer / Computer Science / Mathematics graduate or similar who can demonstrate:
- Good grasp of at least one programming language such as Python, Ruby, C++ or C#;
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL;
- A keen eye for detail not just as a maker but also from the end user’s perspective;
- The ability to embrace new working practices and methodology;
- Problem solving ability with analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
This is a brilliant opportunity for Programmer or a Graduate to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time. Our client is already well established but very ambitious for high growth. They have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of over 50 people who are a diverse and welcoming group.
Our client’s London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. Located in a vibrant creative hub of businesses within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
- Friendly and relaxed working environment
- The security of a long-established business with a stable team
- The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
- Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
- Best in class software to support the team, including Zendesk, Monday, Slack.
On return to office based working….
- Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
- Free team lunch every Friday
- Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
- Awesome on-site canteen
- Indoor bicycle parking and showers