£Competitive + Excellent Benefits – Greater Manchester, M1
A Head of Education is needed to join a modern institution with colleges across the UK. The Head of Education will be responsible for the leadership, creative development, and delivery of courses to ensure educational excellence for their Manchester College.
With over 35 years’ experience in helping students launch successful careers in the creative industry. Our client is the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe offering a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Due to exciting growth, they are now seeking a Head of Education to take the lead on arranging assessments and the recording and reporting of data to examination boards.
Reporting to the College Principal, the Head of Education will be directly accountable for the quality and delivery of the curriculum and will work in conjunction with college teams to ensure quality of experience and educational outcomes for your students. Whether you are reviewing learning resources; managing the curriculum; monitoring course action plans; arranging assessments; recording and reporting exam data; coordinating tutors or liaising with student services, it will be your excellent interpersonal skills, that ensures the delivery of educational excellence.
To qualify… You should be a Head of Education / College Manager / School Manager / Deputy Headteacher or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience within Higher Education management.
- Excellent skills in an area of the music industry as well as relevant industry experience.
- Experience in managing of large teams.
- Experience of working with Further and Higher Education Institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent level of IT skills.
- A strong background in the delivery of quality teaching and learning.
- Experience of dealing with awarding partner.
- An understanding of complex systems such as scheduling, timetabling and exams procedures.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- The ability to successfully manage a varied workload.
- A teaching qualification (or willingness to work towards).
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Education with a strong work ethic, looking to work for a leading music institution offering career progression and a great working environment.