£30000.00 – £30000.00
An IT support programmer is needed to join a world leading company specialising in innovative PFC-free materials, treatments, and aftercare systems. Working one day a week from their Wadhurst offices based in East Sussex this role will provide 2nd line IT support for development issues, as well as assist with the maintenance and delivery of in-house systems and databases to the latest industry standards.
As a top-tier manufacturer of care products and material systems for outdoor attire, footwear, and gear, committed partners oversee the in-house development and production of the product range. Being the sole outdoor company to receive the Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development, the organisation consistently prioritise minimising environmental impact.
This key role involves providing comprehensive support for in-house company applications developed across a diverse range of systems, including MS Access, SQL, ASP/HTML, Crystal, Silverlight, and WPF. Responsibilities extend to developing VB.NET software using Microsoft WPF, transitioning from legacy systems like ASP.NET and Silverlight. Proficiency in SQL and SSMS is required for tasks such as writing stored procedures, creating databases, and managing server-related responsibilities. The individual is accountable for adhering to change management processes, ensuring approval for software changes, and documenting them. Bug fixes and maintenance of the intranet, along with report creation, form part of the role. The maintenance of a well-documented Helpdesk log and active communication for suggested improvements contribute to overall operational efficiency.
To qualify Whether you call yourself an IT Support Programmer / Software Support Engineer / IT Solutions Developer / Systems Integration Developer we don’t mind, you just need to possess the right attitude and your cv should demonstrate the following:
- An excellent communicator, methodical with a keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise and manage your own busy workload.
- Understand the importance of a user-friendly GUI and working with the constraints of a specification.
- Proven experience using either ASP.NET, VB.NET, Visual Studio, Silverlight, and/or Microsoft SQL Management Studios
- Ideally experienced in developing applications within the Windows environment
- Preferably hold relevant Microsoft Technical Certifications or educated to degree level (or equivalent) within relevant subject field.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated IT support programmer looking to progress their career within a first-class business. You can expect competitive benefits and rewards including pension, health cash plan and profit related bonus scheme. Additional flexible benefit options include boosted pension contributions, extra holiday, increased health cash plan or assistance with childcare costs plus much more.