£30 – 35k + DOE + Benefits – Oxfordshire, Central Oxford
An empathic and curious Junior UX/UI Designer is needed to join a specialist consultancy that leverages the power of visual aids to help people understand anything that’s big, complex, ambiguous or difficult. Working alongside a talented team of Illustrators, Software Developers, and Consultants you will improve the quality of users’ experience to help make these change-catalysing maps more engaging, impactful, and accessible and increase their reach to a much broader audience.
This innovative consultancy combines visual and systems thinking techniques to represent change across all stages of the transformation lifecycle. Working with organisational leaders, programme directors and cross-industry groups, they make conceptual maps that give everyone a shared image of what’s going on, and where the potential problems lie. They are growing fast and are looking for a Junior UX/UI Designer to help shape a product specifically designed to facilitate positive change in the world.
The successful Junior UX/UI Designer will be responsible for designing interactive and immersive experiences from flat designs, ensuring they are future proofed to accommodate increasing volumes of information, and able to support editing and annotation.
In more detail your day-to-day work as an Junior UX/UI Designer will centre around:
- Taking a platform and user-first point of view to solving problems around the product and client outputs.
- Creating on-boarding experiences to ensure inexperienced users can access and use the interface with minimum intervention and support.
- Building on existing core set of consistent CSS styles to meet application needs and adapt to new uses and client feedback.
- Providing feedback to art studio on model design based on ad hoc feedback and through running small scale UX studies.
Whether you’re working with the CEO to problem-solve around the product, mocking up wire frames, talking to users or handing-off designs to the development team, you’ll be curious about other perspectives, ready to bring your own UX/UI experience to the table and ready to take on feedback.
Flexible working available, 1 day per week remote.
To qualify… You could be a Junior UX/UI Designer / UX Consultant / UX Researcher / UX Designer / User Experience Designer / User Interface Designer / Visual Designer or hold a related qualification or similar with a CV & Portfolio that demonstrates:
- A Passion for UI/UX and some practical UX/UI design experience.
- Proficiency in:
– Using design tools and creating high-fidelity mock-ups and prototypes for web and mobile
– Running user testing sessions
– Typography and layout on the web (and use of CSS)
– Working with a development team (Agile, sprints etc)
- The ability to self-organise and a proactive attitude, looking for UI/UX problems to solve.
- You are curious and open; ready to immerse yourself in learning about our client and their methods, product and end users to develop a thorough understanding of what they are trying to achieve and how they are different.
- Excellent attention to detail, you are accustomed to thoroughly self-reviewing your work.
- Willing to take on feedback with a strong desire to develop.
- High levels of empathy for the user and self-awareness
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior UX/UI Designer to join a friendly team who really believe in making a difference and providing a great workplace for everyone to thrive and grow.