£35 – 40k DOE + Benefits – Birmingham, B6
A Lead Creative Designer is needed to join a global provider of kitchen and tableware in Birmingham. Expect an exciting and varied role which will see you leading creative graphic design, creating and editing video, and implementing graphic design across multiple digital media and formats (website and digital advertising content).
Hybrid working is available – you will be expected to attend the office in Birmingham 2/3 days a week.
Our client is a consumer driven business with a number of well-known and respected consumer brands, they creatively bring brands to life through design with a passion, substance and flair that jumps equally off the page as it does in-store. Product and brand development is their lifeblood. The Lead Creative Designer will create visuals that excite retail customers (including high street retailers, department stores, ecommerce sites) both within the UK and internationally.
The Lead Creative Designer will be responsible for such brand activation, producing highly creative brand led communications including new brand and sub brand identities with full roll out across multiple graphic design elements including digital and printed POS and packaging. They’re a demanding business but absolutely right for someone who is ambitious, knows instantly how to make brands speak and thinks commercially. You’ll be challenged to work across several brands consecutively, expertly crafting them from where they are now as challenger brands into category leading brand champions, whilst ensuring the execution is consistently supported irrespective of placement or format.
In more detail the Lead Designer will:
- Create multiple and varying graphic design assets adapted to suit use and form e.g., web, social, instore, packaging, print, product and corporate presentations and videos and in-house photography art direction.
- Take briefs from concept through to execution to develop inspiring and disruptive brand and sub brand identities.
- Generate robust yet easily understood and implemented brand guidelines for all brands.
- Create brand playbooks to support consistent output with internal and external partners.
- Inspire the team with regular research including moodboards on latest graphic design trends including photography and typography styles which ensure continual creative and commercial output throughout the business.
To qualify… You should be a Creative Designer / Lead Designer / Senior Graphics Designer / Campaign Designer / Creative Innovator / Graphics Designer or similar with a CV and portfolio that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar Creative Design / Graphic Design role.
- You are highly proficient across ALL Adobe Suite packages – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and After Effects and Premier Pro a must.
- An understanding of cutter guides and packaging creation.
- Full knowledge of digital design creation including best practice, UX and compelling formats.
- An understanding of the print process.
- You must be great at graphic design and be the inspiration for the rest of the team. Yes it’s subjective but you appreciate trends, follow them and are commercial in your approach to inspire and break new ground whilst taking your colleagues with you on the rationale behind your journey
- High level proficiency in photo and video editing and processing.
In return, you will be joining a friendly team, passionate about the products they make and why we make them. We look for people that share this passion and who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding environment.