Up To £75k + an Excellent Benefits Package – Kent, ME19
For over 30 years this agile software company has been delivering highly innovative software and consultation solutions, they are renowned for being a disruptive force in the insurance market and have been at the forefront of many pivotal technology innovations. Based in Kings Hill there is a real sense of teamwork, creativity and loyalty with a package filled with great perks from a generous pension to retail discounts.
The Lead Solution Architect (Web) reports directly to the CIO and provides technical leadership and architectural support across all web development within delivery teams. As a Lead Solution Architect (Web) you will be responsible for the web technologies and driving the web strategic direction as well as a member of a cross company Architecture and Design Authority, working with the other Lead Solutions Architects and Team Solutions Architects. You will be responsible for helping to define the broader technical strategy, design and direction of the company and influencing the whole team to build solutions which achieve functionality, usability, performance, scalability, security, reliability and longevity.
In short, the Lead Solutions Architect (Web) will lead the direction and adoption of web technologies, frameworks, tooling and architecture whilst ensuring these are clearly communicated. You will be responsible for consistent web software design and implementation across teams leading the agreement of standards via the Architecture Design and web forums.
To qualify… You should be a Lead Solutions Architect / Web Lead / Web Architect / Web Solutions Architect / Solutions Architect / Lead Web Designer or similar, with a CV that demonstrates:
- Solid experience working as a web solution architect or lead designer;
- A broad range of architecture skills with a depth of knowledge in web technologies and frameworks, have worked closely with web design agencies and understand user-focused design;
- Hands-on experience of working through the end-to-end project lifecycle, from user-centric design track through to release;
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
Technical – Web experience:
- Solid past experience designing and developing scalable web systems across different web technologies and frameworks.
- An up-to-date understanding of the latest web technologies and frameworks and ensure that you stay current with the latest trends.
- Past experience working on a user-centric design track, engaging with customers and designers to produce a rich user web experience.
- Previous close working relationships with UX and UI designers understand their working process and tooling to optimise the production and flow of assets from design through to development;
- Solid understanding on testing web applications and the associated tooling to support functional testing through to performance testing.
Expert and broad base of knowledge in all of the following:
- Extensive, demonstrable knowledge of current web technologies including Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap and SCSS
- Experience with third party web controls and control suites and understand the value of adopting web controls to improve productivity
- Experience with the Microsoft application stack and development tools including, Visual Studio, VS Code, ReSharper, Fiddler.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Lead Solutions Architect looking to join a leading firm where you will have a real input in how the company develops. In return, expect great benefits such as sick pay, 25 days holiday, medical cover, life insurance, retail benefits, a generous pension and much more.
Our client is unable to sponsor candidates.