£Competitive DOE + Benefits – East Sussex, Wadhurst / Home Working
Join a friendly, employee owned award-winning and established international outdoor business as the .NET Developer / IT Programmer (VB.NET).
Located in the picturesque, rural setting of East Sussex, our client are highly successful outdoor businesses that are run by a close-knit, friendly and hardworking team of employees. They are a leading manufacturer of care products and material systems for outdoor clothing, footwear, and equipment. Their highly trained and dedicated staff develop and manufacture in-house, from their headquarters in the charming village of Wadhurst. As the only outdoor company to have won the Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development, they have an ongoing dedication to minimise impact on the environment and have carbon balanced their operations since the company was founded in 1977.
The group has recently transitioned to Employee Ownership, which will protect and build upon their purpose and values, whilst securing a bright future for all employee owners.
In more detail the .NET Developer / IT Programmer (VB.NET) will:
Assist with the maintenance and delivery of in-house systems and databases. Maintaining and developing software in line with the latest standards. You will also provide 1st and 2nd line support where necessary for development issues by:
- Developing VB.NET software using Microsoft WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) to the agreed standards and working with a legacy system ASP.NET and Silverlight in a transition to WPF
- Being competent in using SQL 2008 – 2019 and SSMS, writing stored procedures, creation of new tables and databases, triggers and jobs
- Monitoring and supporting Windows Server scheduled tasks
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support for in house company applications developing and using a wide range of systems (MS Access, SQL, ASP/HTML, Crystal, Silverlight and WPF), being responsible for bug fixes and amendments to reports as required
- Ensuring that all software changes are approved by IT Development and then documented, including knowledge of software project life cycles and source control (e.g. SVN, Microsoft Team Foundation)
- Creating new reports to the agreed standards
- Accurately logging Helpdesk tickets and solutions.
The successful IT Programmer / .NET Developer will be based at home but will be required to attend offices in Wadhurst, East Sussex, at least once a week.
To qualify… You could be a NET Developer / IT Programmer (VB.NET). / .NET C# Developer / Software Developer (.NET / C# ) / .NET Developer / C# Developer, VB.NET Developer, ASP.NET Developer, we don’t mind as long as your CV demonstrates:
- Experienced in using WPF, VB.NET, Visual Studio 2010 – 2022, Silverlight, ASP.Net and Microsoft SQL Management Studios.
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to manage their own busy workload
- Able to take a specification and work within the constraints of that specification
- Understanding of the importance of a user-friendly GUI
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant subject and/or holding the relevant Microsoft Technical Certifications
In return the NET Developer / IT Programmer (VB.NET). can expect to:
- Work within a company where you can clearly see the effect of your efforts
- Work for an international company with values that you can believe in
- Work within a friendly and informal environment
- Competitive benefits and rewards.
Candidates must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.