£Competitive + Excellent Bens (Flexible working) – Greater Manchester, M1
A PR Account Director is needed to join one of the UK’s largest and most successful integrated marketing communications agencies near Manchester. Expect to lead a major new client alongside several existing accounts. It is an exciting role that will offer plenty of variety and the opportunity to deliver award winning campaigns that generate great coverage for clients.
The role will be working remotely in the short term, but longer term can be primarily based in their Prestbury or Manchester office. Some frequent travel to the Prestbury campus will be required.
With over 300 offices across 125 countries this global marketing communications agency employs thousands worldwide and works with some of the globe’s brightest brands. The Manchester agency is an exciting hub employing over 300 highly talented people all housed within a state-of-the-art 8-acre campus which includes a swimming pool, ghosts a cat named Tom and veg allotments!
The Account Director will work with teams across the agency to devise and deliver effective PR strategies as part of the clients wider integrated Marketing activities.
Specifically duties will include:
- Building relationships with the client and identifying opportunities to maximise exposure for their brands.
- Developing effective Public Relations strategies, to compliment the wider integrated initiatives, and presenting ideas to senior stakeholders for their buy-in.
- Developing and nurturing relationships with key media contacts (national press, lifestyle and broadcast) to sell in stories and ensure high levels of exposure for the client.
- Supporting with new business opportunities, including pitches.
- Mentoring and developing a small team, ensuring work is completed to a high standard on time.
To qualify… You should be a PR Account Director / PR AD / Senior PR Account Manager / PR Campaign Manager / PR Consultant / Communications Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Previous experience leading client relationships with an agency environment is essential.
- A background working with both B2C and B2B clients would be advantageous.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Highly developed organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Experience leading and mentoring others.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a PR Account Director to join one of the largest marketing communications agencies in the UK. In return, you can expect a competitive package, a culture ideally suited to those who enjoy pursuing personal career development and a working environment that really is hard to beat.