£Competitive + Benefits – West Sussex, RH20
A Production Engineer is needed to join a world leading engineering company dedicated to the design and manufacture of gradient coils, resistive and superconducting electromagnets for science, medicine, and industry. Expect to produce products, assist the product designer, input creative ideas, deliver drawings and much more.
Founded in 1973 with offices in The Netherlands, USA and UK, this engineering leader supply electromagnets, gradient coils, composites, and motors as well as provide consultancy to public research organisations and private companies across the globe. They are now seeking a Production Engineer to provide an engineering function ensuring the relevant Cell produces products for a regular product or project on time.
The Production Engineer will play a key role in new product development, automation, process improvement and delivering money saving ideas. You will provide timely inputs to the Cell, drawings, travellers, tooling, processes, engineering support, parts & material, by co-ordinating activities with Design & Purchasing functions within the business.
To qualify… You should be a Production Engineer / Project Engineer / Product Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer / Engineer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Hands-on production engineer experience from a Mechanical/Manufacturing background;
- Strong problem-solving skills, you are innovative and able to deliver new product development, materials, automation, money saving ideas for process improvement;
- Experience of production tooling such as jigs/fixtures etc;
- The ability to accurately update & action log every day, and communicate this information to the Manager when required;
- Excellent communication skills with a confident and a likeable demeanour;
- The ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity;
- The ability to function in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Engineer to join a leading firm. In return, you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, group pension plan and life insurance, employee perks scheme, interesting & varied work with a passionate bunch of people.