£Competitive + Benefits – West Sussex, RH20
A Production Manager is needed to join a world leading engineering company dedicated to the design and manufacture of gradient coils, resistive and superconducting electromagnets for science, medicine and industry. Expect an exciting, hands-on role where you will be responsible for the production and operational activities on site, for Superconducting Magnets.
Founded in 1973 with offices in The Netherlands, USA and UK, this engineering leader supply electromagnets, gradient coils, composites and motors as well as provide consultancy to public research organisations and private companies across the globe. They are now seeking a talented Production Manager who has superb leadership and motivational skills to ensure outstanding employee production performance.
Joining as the Production Manager you will be responsible for the production, business development and people management for Superconducting Magnets, in short, you will ensure the unit under your control is functioning safely, efficiently, and effectively. On a day-to-day basis you should expect to collate and publish the production load and capacity plan; set objectives for your team; identify improvements; review designs, drawings and bills of materials, help forge new customer relationships, provide cost estimates and anything else necessary to ensure high quality, on-time deliveries for their customers.
To qualify… You should be a Production Manager / Production & Operations Manager / Manufacturing Manager / Engineering Production Manager / Superconducting Magnets Manager / Operations Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Previous experience within a mechanical engineering environment;
- Experience managing and leading a team;
- You are comfortable managing production in a low volume, high value added vertically integrated business;
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills;
- Experience in dealing with external customers / clients on a regular basis;
- Excellent communication skills with a confident and a likeable demeanour;
- Superb organisational and planning skills;
- Degree or similar within mechanical engineering.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Manager to join a leading firm. In return, you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, group pension plan and life insurance, employee perks scheme, interesting & varied work with a passionate bunch of people.