£Competitive + Benefits – West Sussex, South East England
The Project Manager will join initially as a PM but will be provided with a clear path to a leadership role in all or part of one of our client’s Divisions.
The Project Manager will:
- Have a background in Electromechanical/Mechanical Engineering to degree level, although other disciplines can be considered such as Chemistry, Maths or Physics, and you will have a willingness to learn new things.
- Understand basic concepts and the numbers behind them. You will need an interest in production engineering and perhaps you will have some qualification in this area, or you might have come through the technician route.
- Need to have an interest in all things practical and actually have the patience to do things and see them through to their conclusion. You will have a keen interest in industrial processes and their development.
- Need an interest in logistical systems and how they work.
- Be IT-savvy and have proven skills in MS applications. To complement this you will need to be well organised and methodical in your approach to work as well as having the agility to multi-task and balance conflicting and competing demands.
The Project Manager will be skilled in people management and find this a rewarding challenge, enjoying team motivation through encouragement and mentoring. You will want to assert yourself to network and liaise with customers, by attending sales conferences and through other methods thus enabling you to understand their needs and how to exceed them. You will be commercially and financially aware and possess excellent communication and leadership skills coupled with a confident and likeable demeanour.
The successful Project Manager will be local or be looking to move close to our clients’ base (West Sussex) and committing to a career with them as they will commit to you to enable you to grow your career. You will need to be flexible and willing to travel overseas at least six times per year and as and when required.