£50 – 55k + Excellent Benefits – London, SE1
A Senior Accountant is needed to join a global media group that boasts a fantastic collaborative culture. Working from their office in London, the Senior Accountant can expect an all-encompassing role that will include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, and leading annual audits.
With a portfolio of brands and digital platforms this leading group improves every aspect of the consumer journey, helping people make better decisions while unleashing transformative growth for businesses and partners. Everything they do is powered by their world-class platform of technology, data and deep digital expertise. They are now seeking a talented Senior Accountant to play a key role in the accounting department.
The Senior Accountant will assist the Director of Accounting in managing the accounting teams’ wider responsibilities and deputise in their absence. Whether you are conducting monthly reviews of actuals; revenue and expenses; reconciling payroll & balance sheets; reporting bad debt; coordinating annual audits; preparing financial statements, tax submissions & national statistics; managing the approval matrix or managing process documentation, it will be your excellent communication and Excel skills that ensures this key accounting function runs like clockwork.
To qualify… You should be a Senior Accountant / Management Accountant / Accountant / Financial Accountant / General Ledger Accountant or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- You are a commercially experienced professionally qualified accountant who is technically strong in both management and statutory accounting with a good understanding of UK & US GAAP;
- You are a strong team player with a keenness to share knowledge and develop other team members, while holding the ability to drive projects independently;
- A strong communicator with the ability to identify key internal business partners and work collaboratively on business goals and projects;
- Exceptional organisational skills, proven time management and a proactive approach to problem solving;
- The ability to remain focused on key priorities, while evaluating system and process improvement;
- You can deliver on all the above with composure and good humour with the ability to adapt to change.
Preferred but not paramount to have experience in Workday, Oracle, Salesforce, Excel (advanced).
In return the Senior Accountant can expect a fantastic environment that everyone truly loves to be in.