£26000.00 – £35000.00
A Senior CGI Generalist is needed to join a small team working on exciting kids products in the toy industry. Working from a studio space based in Leamington Spa you will have an exciting role working with leading toy industry brands on a variety of animation and visualisation projects to bring play to life for kids around the world. From Peppa pig to Star Wars BB8 droids, we are looking to find a talented animator that loves to work in a fast-paced industry on a huge variety of projects.
This fantastic company are passionate creators of toys and games, supporting global toy companies in their design and marketing processes. They create and licence their own toy, game, and I.P inventions which they licence to top global brands for manufacturer and distribution.
As a leader on the CGI animation team, your role involves spearheading creative CGI pipelines, rendering, and visualisation efforts while pushing the boundaries in texturing and physics for elements like hair, fur, water, and injection-molded plastics. Responsibilities include creating intricate rigs for characters and products, animating based on storyboards and client visions, managing in-house rendering processes, and ensuring a consistently high level of quality across all CGI output. Direct client interaction is a key aspect, involving communication, feedback management, and expectation alignment. Additionally, you’ll analyse and troubleshoot the entire animation pipeline, implement efficient project timelines, and collaborate closely with team members to deliver visually stunning and technically advanced animations that meet or exceed industry standards and client expectations.
To qualify… You could be an existing Senior CGI Generalist / CGI Animation Technical Lead / Visual Effects Animation Specialist / Technical Animation Co-Ordinator / CGI Visualisation Director or similar, we don’t mind, you just need a CV which demonstrates the following.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your animation, workflow, and storytelling skills.
- Expert knowledge of 3dsMax, specialising in product CAD as well as character animation
- Strong Creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills when working in a small team.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Experience as project lead, and / or client management and project planning
- Experience working in the toy industry.
- Enthusiastic about toys and play
- Experience in 3D design or product development.
- Video Editing Experience using Adobe suite.
Please include a portfolio or PDF/links to examples of your work in the application.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fun, friendly and specialist team within a progressive organisation.