£40 – 45k DOE – Surrey, KT13
A Senior Merchandiser is needed to join a fast-paced business specialising in the supply of design-led gifts to both consumers and retailers worldwide. Working from their office in Weybridge, expect to play a key role ensuring excellent stock availability to retailers.
With more than 10 years’ experience in the wedding and party industry, this friendly company design and sell a wide range of products for weddings, baby showers and hen parties and general parties. They design all their own products and supply most high street retailers including large department stores to independent retailers worldwide. This rapidly growing company are now looking for a Senior Merchandiser to join the team.
Joining as the Senior Merchandiser you will be responsible for liaising with the wider team on stock availability, whilst ensuring you understand the expected peaks in trade for planning.
In more details the Senior Merchandiser will be responsible for:
- Forecasting and ensuring the business has maximum availability.
- Identifying problems and suggesting / implementing solutions to deliver OTIF for phase launches.
- Financial planning of future product ranges including option selection, stock-re-ordering and future buy quantities and sign-off packs.
- Reviewing sales forecasts based on performance and action re-forecasts.
- Data analysis to support the buying and sign-off process including reviewing past sales figures and market trends.
- Managing the team production of weekly merchandising trade reports, lead the trade meeting and drive actions / improvements.
- Ensuring planning deadlines are met and managed to meet the business’s Critical Path.
- Implementing new processes and challenge the business with effective and concise data on existing processes.
In short you will provide the expert merchandising experience that ensures the continuation of a high performing and productive business.
To qualify… You should be a Senior Merchandiser / Merchandiser / Category Merchandiser / Advanced Planner or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar merchandising role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You are computer literate, with excellent Excel skills and have the ability to pick up new systems with ease.
- Experience managing a large product catalogue (1500 SKUs+) within a fast-paced environment – ideally experience of B2B and B2C.
- The ability to multi-task, cope under the pressure of a fast-paced environment and met deadlines.
- High level of numeracy and literacy.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to drive change.
- You are flexible and open to work on a variety of tasks
- A collaborative style, able to work effectively with other departments across the business.
In return the Senior Merchandiser can expect a great working environment with plenty of challenges, opportunities and benefits.