£Competitive + Excellent Benefits – Edinburgh, EH2 / Hybrid Working
A Senior UX Consultant is needed to join one of the longest established Usability, UX and Accessibility consultancies in Europe. Expect to take the lead on projects focusing on UX Strategy, User Research and Service Design for high-profile brands.
With a belief that the best experiences are based on a deep understanding of human behaviour, our client is renowned for delivering both strategic and tactical UX and Accessibility services, grounded in robust user research. Based in lovely offices in Edinburgh with a talented and passionate team of user experience consultants, our client has been working in this sector since 2000 and has a global client base including many well-known iconic brands and household names.
The Senior UX Consultant will work directly with key clients to identify needs, conceive approaches to answer research questions, solve design problem and turn insights into impactful deliverables. You will often be the lead person on projects, managing the project resources & timescales as well as the relationship with the client.
In more detail the Senior UX Consultant will:
- Help clients understand who their users are and the needs they have through research techniques i.e., interviews, focus groups, surveys or ethnographic techniques
- Help clients identify how their products and services are performing
- Help client visualise and test design concepts whilst understanding the value of a human-centered design approach
Our client is currently working from home, once restrictions change, they are open to flexible working – it is expected that you will attend the office in Edinburgh approximately 2 – 3 times a week.
To qualify… You could be a Senior UX Researcher / UX Consultant / UX Designer / User Experience Designer / Visual Designer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- That you’ve been working in the UX field for many years, you understand all the core research methods inside out, and have a wealth of experience to share with clients and the team
- You have managed projects and led teams in this area and may be involved in wider activities in the field
- An eye for good design and an ability to articulate what makes it good
- An academic background in UX, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Psychology, or similar
- Solid consultancy or stakeholder management skills
- Experience in taking business problems and deciding on the right approach to get the right answers to the right people
- The ability to manage projects and plan resources for successful outcomes
- A natural ability to work well in teams and get the most out of individuals
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to continued personal and professional development
- An ability and willingness to spend time in our Edinburgh office and travel to client offices around the world as required
Any agency / consultancy experience would be a bonus as would experience of web accessibility (WCAG 2.1), any multi-lingual ability or any design skills and experience with tools like Axure, Sketch or Figma. (But not essential.)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior UX Researcher to help shape the future of inclusive user experiences. In return expect to work in a great team environment with a group of talented and equally passionate professionals. You will also receive a competitive salary, company pension, training and personal development budget, flexible working, a desk in their Edinburgh office (when it is needed), private health insurance, a generous holiday allowance including your birthday off and a key to the secret garden!!