£30-40k (DOE) + BENEFITS – Nottinghamshire, NG1 or Manchester, M15
A Software Implementation Advisor / Software Configuration / Product Implementation Consultant is needed to join a global leader within the cultural and heritage, collections / archive management software space. Working from either their Manchester or Nottingham offices (with an option for some home working) this is a unique opening to join an exciting software organisation.
With offices in the UK, Europe, Canada, United States, New Zealand and Australia, our client delivers powerful software solutions to public libraries, archives, museums, galleries, botanical gardens and academic institutions. Serving over 3,000 customers in more than 30 countries, this global organisation are considered leaders in their field with their technology used by many of the largest and most recognised museums and institutions in the world.
Reporting to the Project Delivery Manager, the Software Implementation Advisor / Software Configuration / Product Implementation Consultant will be part of the Project Delivery team working with customers to enable them to get the best use of their Product Portfolio. Working with new and existing customers you will scope and configure software products tailoring them to meet their business needs. Typical responsibilities include data migration consultancy, general consultancy, installation, configuration, testing and liaising with Project Managers to schedule and forecast work.
To qualify… You should be either a customer service focused and software savvy individual already working within the cultural and heritage sector (e.g. a museum, library, art gallery etc.) or an existing Software Implementation Advisor / Product Consultant / Product Implementation Consultant seeking a move into a new environment. Either way your CV should demonstrate:
- The ability to learn about and implement a wide variety of Collections Management / Archive Management Systems, from config to limitations and everything in-between;
- An ability to build and maintain excellent customer relationships;
- Experience in data migration, including mappings and specifications, plus scripting to convert data from one format to another
- Accurate planning skills, you should be comfortable scoping and implementing project deliverables to meet customer needs;
- Some Quality Assurance / QA experience
- Solid time and budgetary management skills, you’ll need to work toward a set number of hours (budget) on each project and aim to be below this
- The ability to manage your own workload.
Any technical experience (for example with database technologies or programming languages) is an added bonus as is experience working with/studying the archive, museum or library sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for any motivated individual looking for a career in Software Configuration / Product Implementation with a global software and services company who offer excellent career progression and a unique and fun working environment. The role will also offer opportunities for UK and international travel once covid restrictions end.