£55k – £60k DOE & an Excellent Benefits Package – UK Wide, Hybrid / Flexible Working
A Strategic Communications Director / Strategic Comms Account Director, who has solid PR agency and corporate communications experience, is needed to join a strategic, creative communications consultancy, operating across the infrastructure, and built environment industries. As a communications generalist, you can expect an exciting and varied role that will see you take ownership for project strategies, provide counsel to clients, deliver proactive communications strategies which help clients support their business objectives, create opportunities, build advocacy and much more.
For over 25 years this highly regarded communication consultancy has won multiple awards, by combining insight, intelligence, and creative communications expertise to deliver measurable impact for clients. They are renowned for paving the way for some of the most ambitious, society-changing projects UK-wide and supporting clients corporately to achieve their business objectives. Due to ongoing success, they are now seeking a dynamic Strategic Communications Director / Strategic Comms Account Director to make a real impact.
Joining as the Strategic Communications Director / Strategic Comms Account Director, you will enjoy the freedom to build, inspire and lead teams for clients that include government departments, combined authorities, private developers, major renewables companies and most of the top 20 major UK contractors. On a day-to-day basis expect to take the lead in understanding client challenges; implementing compelling strategies that build a company’s corporate position – spanning PR and media relations, to public affairs, social and thought leadership campaigns. You’ll inject ideas and creativity, develop strategies that add value, spot new business opportunities; develop pitches and proposals and anything else necessary to ensure outstanding campaigns are delivered on time and to budget.
In short, you will contribute fresh perspectives and new ideas; challenge thinking and provide high-value guidance that delivers positive outcomes for clients, stakeholders, and communities.
Hybrid Working is on offer, it is expected that you will be able to attend an office in London, Manchester, Bristol, or Birmingham (you choose) at least once a week. Our client is open to discuss all flexible working options.
To qualify… You should be a Strategic Communications Director / Strategic Comms Account Director / Communications Director / Account Director / PR Account Director / B2B PR Account Director / Communications Account Director / Senior PR Account Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Strong B2B communications experience
- Experience in corporate communications and reputation management
- Experience with influencer/political engagement
- Experience in PR and media relations, particularly national press
- The ability to run integrated campaigns, with insight into the most effective channels
- Experience of content development, you will have solid writing skills and experience of delivering content across video, design and animation
- Strong proven commercial skills and the nous and an ability to see the big picture
- Great people management skills and the ability to lead, manage and inspire a team
- The ability to build and maintain client relationships; grow existing accounts and help to win new clients
- The ability to set and manage budgets with a proven track record of completing projects on budget and on time.
In return, you’ll get to work with some of the brightest people in infrastructure communications. You’ll have access to their industry-leading professional development and benefits package. Here and some of the perks:
- Performance bonuses (company and individual)
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays and bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Team and individual training
- £500 personal development fund
- Fitness and social funds