£Competitive + Benefits – West Sussex, RH20
A Supervisor is needed to join a world leading engineering company dedicated to the design and manufacture of gradient coils, resistive and superconducting electromagnets for science, medicine, and industry. Expect a varied and diverse role that will see you become a critical member of the team.
Founded in 1973 with offices in The Netherlands, USA and UK, this engineering leader supply electromagnets, gradient coils, composites, and motors as well as provide consultancy to public research organisations and private companies across the globe. They are now seeking a Supervisor who will embrace their wide range of products but also motivate and manage a diverse group of individuals.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Supervisor will be directly responsibility for the day-to-day production and operational activities within the units. Whether you are ensuring the unit is functioning safely, efficiently, and effectively; promoting a positive environment; motivating and driving staff; ensuring excellent communication down the production line; identifying any production improvements or becoming proficient in all production processes and technologies, it will be your superb communication and effective leadership skills that will enable their continued future growth and success.
To qualify… You should be a Production Supervisor / Engineering Supervisor / Operations Supervisor / Manufacturing Engineer Supervisor or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Proven engineering/ manufacturing experience in a practical function;
- Experience of people-management and production output responsibilities;
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills;
- A practical hands-on approach;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Experience in dealing with external customers / clients on a regular basis;
- Excellent communication skills with a confident and a likeable demeanour;
- The ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity;
- The ability to function in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Previous experience of working with superconducting materials would be highly beneficial.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Supervisor to join a leading firm. In return, you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, group pension plan and life insurance, employee perks scheme, interesting & varied work with a passionate bunch of people.