£22 – 26k DOE – London, SE1 (Hybrid Working)
Are you a Trainee Accountant or Accounts Assistant? Have you prepared simple VAT Returns, Statutory accounts, SA100’s and CT600’s? Are you looking for a new opportunity to progress your career with a forward-thinking Accountancy Firm? If so, then read on…
Our client is a rapidly expanding practice that specialises in providing accounting, taxation, and advisory services to a client base consisting of individuals and businesses, primarily within the music, entertainment, and sport industries. They are ambitious, well known for their modern approach, job progression opportunities and have a hybrid working model in place, allowing you to work with flexibility between the central London office and home.
Working in the Accounts and Business Management Department, the Trainee Accountant will be responsible for preparing Financial Accounts, Bookkeeping, and submitting monthly Payroll.
In more detail the Trainee Accountant will:
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements for clients including Statutory Accounts, management accounts, tour reports and net worth statements.
- Maintain client bank accounts, including making payments and raising invoices,
- Maintain accounting records on bookkeeping software including Xero, VT and QuickBooks.
- Assist in the preparation of Self-Assessment Tax Returns, as well as Corporation Tax Returns.
- Prepare and submit VAT Returns, EC Sales Lists.
- Prepare and submit monthly payroll as well as any associated submissions relating to pensions, duties to also include year-end processing.
- Liaise with third party organisations’ to include HM Revenue and Customs, financial organisations’, tour managers and record labels.
To qualify… You should be a Trainee Accountant / Junior Accountant / Associate / Bookkeeper or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- A can-do attitude.
- You have previously prepared simple VAT Returns, Statutory accounts, SA100’s and CT600’s.
- You are working towards AAT Level 4 / ACCA.
- Experience within a UK Practice firm.
- A client focus and commercial awareness.
- Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word and Outlook) skills are essential.
- Experience with Xero is essential, any experience with QuickBooks would be perfect.
Any experience with CCH, VT and Iris Payroll Bureau would be a bonus.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee Accountant / Junior Accountant to join a lively team. Expect ongoing training, a competitive salary and a truly unique opportunity to be a crucial player in the success of the business and be well rewarded for your efforts.