£Competitive + Excellent Benefits – Edinburgh, EH2 / Hybrid Working
A UX Consultant is needed to join one of the longest established Usability, UX and Accessibility consultancies in Europe. Expect an exciting role that is all about delivering research-based solutions for leading brands.
With a belief that the best experiences are based on a deep understanding of human behaviour, our client is renowned for delivering both strategic and tactical UX and Accessibility services, grounded in robust user research. Based in lovely offices in Edinburgh with a talented and passionate team of user experience consultants, our client has been working in this sector since 2000 and has a global client base including many well-known iconic brands and household names.
Working directly with key clients the UX Consultant will be responsible for identifying their needs, conceiving approaches to answer research questions or solve design problems, executing that approach in a rigorous and professional way, and turning your insights into impactful deliverables. On a day-to- day basis expect to help clients understand who their users are and the needs they have, conduct interviews, focus groups, surveys etc. make suggestions on product and service performance, produce detailed reports outlining insights, collaborate with the client on design, deliver design prototypes and anything else necessary to deliver outstanding experiences.
Our client is currently working from home, once restrictions change, they are open to flexible working – it is expected that you will attend the office in Edinburgh approximately 2 – 3 times a week.
To qualify… You could be a UX Consultant / UX Researcher / UX Designer / User Experience Designer / Visual Designer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- That you’ve been working in the UX field for a while, understand all the core research methods inside out, and have a wealth of experience to share with clients and the team
- An eye for good design and an ability to articulate what makes it good
- An academic background in UX, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Psychology, or similar
- A solid consultancy or stakeholder management skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple projects effectively
- A natural ability to work well in teams and get the most out of individuals
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to continued personal and professional development
- Ability and willingness to spend time our Edinburgh office and travel to client offices around the world as required
Any agency / consultancy experience would be a bonus as would experience of web accessibility (WCAG 2.1), any multi-lingual ability or any design skills and experience with tools like Axure, Sketch or Figma. (But not essential.)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a UX Consultant to help shape the future of inclusive user experiences. In return expect to work in a great team environment with a group of talented and equally passionate professionals. You will also receive a competitive salary, company pension, training and personal development budget, flexible working, a desk in their Edinburgh office (when it’s needed), private health insurance, a generous holiday allowance including your birthday off and a key to the secret garden!!