£40 – 50K + Benefits – London, SW9
A talented web designer is required to join a highly creative team. Our client is the website platform of choice for the world’s top art galleries and artists. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career by designing and building the best websites in the art world.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until our client eventually transitions back to working from their London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in their London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Based in London & New York, our client’s mission is to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists & collectors the time and space to do the things they love. Their high energy, high standards culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. They are passionate about building the most advanced website and database platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to a growing list of over 2,000 clients across six continents.
ABOUT THE WEB DESIGN ROLE
Under the direction of the senior design team, the Web Designers role will be to create unique design concepts for their increasing website client base and help develop these into the finished product.
Our client is looking for a talented designer with a great eye for detail and strong real-world experience in website design. Experience with building websites is beneficial but not essential, any previous experience in this area will allow you to not only design but also build websites into the finished article.
Design projects. You will lead full website design projects, from the initial concept right through to client sign-off, under the direction of the senior design team. You will also help support the design team by taking existing design concepts and turning them into the finished article. There will often be elements of UI, UX and branding required in the design work you do.
Project management. You will be responsible for the management of each of your own projects, from inception of the initial brief right through to the delivery of the finished product, ensuring a high level of quality control is maintained throughout the process. You will liaise with other web developers who will be implementing aspects of your designs, ensuring the end product meets our client’s high standards.
To qualify… You could be a Web Designer / Digital Designer / Creative Designer / Digital Web Designer / Digitally savvy Graphic Designer / Digital Creative or similar, we don’t mind, as long as you demonstrate the following:
- A strong portfolio of website design projects, a good standard of relevant development/programming skills (if applicable) and the desire to learn and adapt quickly.
- Exceptional design skills. You must have a keen eye for detail, intuitive user experience and an appreciation for good website design.
- Proven experience. You must have a varied portfolio and demonstrable experience working on previous real-world websites or applications.
- Design tools. A good understanding of design tools such as Sketch or Photoshop;
- Communication. Excellent communication skills, ability to present your work to the senior team.
- Organisation. You will be responsible to project manage entire projects from start to finish – and oversee web developers tasked with implementing project designs.
- Feedback. Ability to communicate the reasoning behind your work, digest feedback and translate into an updated proposal.
An interest in the creative industries and fine art in particular would make the position even more exciting and enjoyable but is not required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time – already well established but very ambitious for high growth. They have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of over 50 people, a diverse and welcoming group.
Our client’s London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. Located in a vibrant creative hub of businesses within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
- Friendly and relaxed working environment
- The security of a long-established business with a stable team
- The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
- Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
- Best in class software to support the team, including Zendesk, Monday, Slack.
On return to office based working….
- Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
- Free team lunch every Friday
- Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
- Awesome on-site canteen
- Indoor bicycle parking and showers
The contracted hours for this role are Monday-Friday, 9.30am to 6pm. As our client provides a 7 days per week service, you will be expected occasionally to work out-of-hours on a rota system, having completed your training.