£30k + BENEFITS – London, SW9
A talented Web Developer is needed to join a highly creative team, in London. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within an industry-leading design and development team building the best websites in the art world.
Based in London & New York, our client is on a mission to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists & collectors the time and space to do the things they love. Their high energy, high standards culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. They are passionate about building the most advanced website and database platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to their growing list of over 2,000 clients across six continents.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until the team eventually transition back to working from their London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in their London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
ABOUT THE WEB DEVELOPER – CLIENT SUPPORT ROLE
You will help support our client’s growing template-website platform. This role will be primarily to diagnose and resolve technical support enquiries from clients, working in close collaboration with the client support team.
You will be tasked to support their existing client base by managing technical support tickets. Working alongside our experienced client support team, you will be required to diagnose technical issues, propose front-end fixes and write clear notes on issues for the senior development team. You will need to be personable, keep a level head and be methodical in your approach to testing and fixing issues that may affect many hundreds or thousands of websites.
You will be required to effectively triage and prioritise requests and have the agility to quickly jump between different tasks, this role will require you to work in a fast-paced environment and you will need to effectively roll-out well-tested bug fixes and changes swiftly. You will also need excellent communication and writing skills in order to explain and resolve issues diligently.
With the support and direction of a fantastic team, you don’t have to be the finished article. You will need to demonstrate a good standard of relevant programming skills and the desire to learn and adapt quickly.
You will need to be a Junior Developer / CSS Developer / Front-End Web Developer / Full Stack Developer or similar who can demonstrate:
- A very good understanding of HTML and CSS;
- Proven, demonstrable experience working on previous real-world websites or applications;
- A keen eye for detail, intuitive user experience and an appreciation for good website design;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to embrace new working practices and methodology;
- Problem solving ability with analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
The below are highly beneficial, but not essential – though a keen interest in learning is a required:
- Knowledge of one or more backend programming languages such as Python, Ruby or PHP, combined with some basic knowledge of MySQL;
- Experience in website or interface design and knowledge of Sketch and Photoshop;
- An interest in the creative industries and fine art in particular would make the position even more exciting and enjoyable but is not required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time. Our client is already well established but very ambitious for high growth. They have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of over 50 people who are a diverse and welcoming group.
Hours – Standard office hours are 9.30 – 18.00, Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch. You will be required to work occasionally on weekends and out-of-hours as part of our support rota.
Our client’s London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. Located in a vibrant creative hub of businesses within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
- Friendly and relaxed working environment
- The security of a long-established business with a stable team
- The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
- Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
- Best in class software to support the team, including Zendesk, Monday, Slack.
On return to office based working….
- Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
- Free team lunch every Friday
- Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
- Awesome on-site canteen
- Indoor bicycle parking and showers