£Competitive (DOE) + Benefits – East Sussex, Wadhurst / Home Working
A Web Development & Support Manager is needed to join an award-winning and established international outdoor business. Expect to play a key role in improving consumer engagement across the group’s websites.
Located in the picturesque, rural setting of East Sussex, this highly successful outdoor businesses are employee owned, which means a friendly, close-knit, hardworking team environment. As a leading manufacturer of outdoor clothing, footwear and other equipment they are the only outdoor company to have won the Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development and are passionate about ongoing environmental initiatives (they have been carbon neutral since 1977!).
Joining as the Web Development & Support Manager you will implement projects to enhance consumer experience, boost website performance and clearly communicate the companies’ distinct competitive advantages.
In more detail the Web Development & Support Manager will:
- Ensure consistent application of best practice and pro-actively identify opportunities and propose action to improve the performance of digital channels
- Make sure that the team’s output is consistent with brand guidelines and facilitates clear communication of brand messages
- Manage the daily allocation, prioritisation, scheduling and delivery of the Web team’s actions via the helpdesk
- Ensure work is compliant with known legislation and stay informed of regulatory and best practice developments that may affect us
- Provide support, guidance and expertise to the website developers and content administrators particularly with regard to HTML, PHP, CSS and understanding of web database design
- Be responsible for the management of consumers on to the database.
- Knowledge regarding analytics software (such as Google Analytics, email) to assess site performance for ongoing monitoring and management purposes
- You are a multi tasker with excellent communication skills and the ability to drive a deliver projects to schedule
- You are skilled in using e-commerce platforms and Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience using HTML, CSS, and Adobe design packages such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- You are familiar with using digital campaign tools e.g. Google AdWords, tracking and tagging software such as Google Tag Manager, email such as Dotmailer or MailChimp.
This is predominately a home-based role, but you will be required to work from the office 1 day a week.