£40 – 50k + Benefits – London, SW9
Our client is looking for a talented web developer to join their highly creative team. They are the leading website platform for the world’s top art galleries and artists. They design and build cutting-edge bespoke projects and website builder tools to help hundreds of new clients each year to create their own.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career by building the best websites in the art world. Based in London & New York, our client is on a mission to transform the art industry. They want to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists & collectors the time and space to do the things they love. Their high energy, high standards culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. They are passionate about building the most advanced website and database platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to their growing list of over 2,000 clients across six continents.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until our client eventually transitions back to working from their London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in their London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
With the support and direction of a fantastic team, you don’t have to be the finished article. You will need to demonstrate a good standard of relevant programming skills and the desire to learn and adapt quickly.
You will need to be a passionate Front-End Developer / Full Stack Developer / Web Designer / Junior Developer or similar who can demonstrate:
- Either experience with Python, or a good understanding of programming concepts in another language;
- Proven, demonstrable experience working on previous real-world websites or applications;
- A keen eye for detail, intuitive user experience and an appreciation for good website design;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to embrace new working practices and methodology;
- Problem solving ability with analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
The below are highly beneficial, but not essential – though a keen interest in learning is a required:
- Knowledge of one or more backend programming languages such as Python, Ruby or PHP, combined with some basic knowledge of MySQL.
- Experience in website or interface design and knowledge of Sketch and Photoshop
Important: Intensive ‘bootcamps’ can provide a fantastic jumpstart to a career in coding. However, we do ask that bootcamp graduates show a portfolio of their own work in addition to any coursework.
An interest in the creative industries and fine art in particular would make the position even more exciting and enjoyable but is not required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time – our client is already well established but very ambitious for high growth. They have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of over 40 people. They are a diverse and welcoming group.
Our client’s London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. They are located in a vibrant creative hub of businesses within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
- Friendly and relaxed working environment
- The security of a long established business with a stable team
- The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
- Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
- Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
- Free team lunch every Friday
- Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
- Awesome on-site canteen
- Indoor secure bicycle parking and showers