£40 – 46K DOE + Excellent Benefits – Brighton, or Remote (UK Only)
A WordPress Developer / Web Developer is needed to join a modern institution with colleges across the UK. Work from Brighton or remotely (for the right candidate, UK ONLY), expect to play a lead role maintaining the overall architecture of the platform and evolve it to ensure maximum performance, scalability, and stability.
With over 35 years’ experience in helping students launch successful careers in the creative industry. Our client is the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe offering a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Due to exciting growth, they are now seeking a WordPress Developer / Web Developer that adapts to new technology, apps, and services to improve or enhance the customer experience.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Services, the WordPress Developer / Web Developer will be responsible for managing the global web properties of the institute and its ongoing projects.
In more detail the WordPress Developer / Web Developer will:
- Use the WordPress CMS platform to create and edit themes, plugins, child-themes, and PHP modification;
- Code and build large scale sites as well as microsites;
- Implement a robust set of services and APIs to deal with varied requests;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Implement security and data protection;
- Work closely with marketing and admissions teams to implement new ideas & target different demographics.
To qualify… You should be a Web Developer / WordPress Developer / PHP Developer / Lead Developer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Expertise in the WordPress CMS platform including the creation and editing of themes, plugins, child-themes, and PHP modification.
- A proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- You understand the differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimising output to match the specific platform.
- Knowledge of management of hosting environment, including database administration, DNS and scaling an application to support load changes, experience with WP-Engine & AWS preferred.
- The ability to implement automated testing platforms and metrics.
This is an excellent opportunity for a WordPress Developer / Web Developer with a strong work ethic, looking to work for a leading music institution offering career progression and a great working environment.