£24,319 to £26,782 Full time Equivalent. – Derbyshire, DE72 (Hybrid Working) Part Time (21 hours)
An Event Manager / Event Planner, who has experience organising Mass Participation events is needed to join a leading hospice that provides respite and end of life care for adults in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. This is a rare opportunity to make a real difference, creating and delivering every stage of an exciting events programme that has something for everyone.
Our client is a leading end-of-life care charity for Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. Since 1983 they’ve opened their arms and their hearts to support many thousands of local people, and their families, through the most difficult time of their lives. Undergoing an amazing journey, they are now seeking a passionate Event Manager/ Event Planner to help shape their future and reach their goals.
Joining a successful fundraising team, the Event Manager / Event Planner will be primarily responsible for relaunching, organising, and delivering their Moonlight Walk in September – the hospice’s biggest event with hundreds of participants. You’ll go on to manage 3 – 4 key events a year.
The Event Manager / Event Planner will work in the office, at home and in the community, doing a variety of things such as finding venues, liaising with councils, booking suppliers, recruiting volunteers, and securing business sponsorship. You’ll also manage the event budgets.
Working closely with the Digital Fundraising Manager and marketing team the Event Manager / Event Planner will create promotional campaigns to recruit participants – so you’ll know how to talk about the events and how to reach those most likely to take part. Most importantly, you will build relationships with participants, so they feel valued, reach their fundraising targets and enjoy the event itself.
Due to the nature of the role, it is expected that you will work more hours on the run up to, and the completion of events, in which time off in lieu will be granted.
To qualify… You should be an Events Fundraising Executive / Events Manager / Events Planner/ Events Coordinator / Mass Participation Events Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience of developing and managing mass participation events.
- Experience in devising marketing and promotional campaigns.
- A proven track record in successful charity fundraising.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising and event operational procedures (e.g. health and safety, financial, volunteer etc.).
- You are proficient in providing excellent customer service.
- A track record in maintaining motivating and stewarding people in person, over email and telephone; and in hosting groups of people.
- Experience of negotiating contracts and costs.
- Previous success in delivering results against set targets.
- Experience of managing projects and balancing multiple critical priorities, setting milestones and targets, directing colleagues and managing budgets.
- A full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle.
The Events Manager / Events Planner will become part of a talented and enthusiastic team working in a great environment with excellent benefits that include:
- Work life balance – if you want to work all your hours in four-days or start
- and finish later, they can see if it’s possible.
- Holiday – 27 working days per year plus bank holidays. Pro rata for part time staff
- Pension – alongside your contribution, a contribution of 5% of gross earnings
- Health cashback, mental health first aiders, mindful moments sessions, Westfield counselling and a spiritual support team to talk to.
- Access to NHS discounts with the Blue Light Card and charityworkerdiscounts.com
- Access to the therapies team for a relaxing massage or aromatherapy, a book club, Tai Chi and other staff groups
- An annual staff social event
- Free parking and tea and coffee