£24,319 to £26,782 DOE + Benefits – Derbyshire, DE72 (Hybrid Working)
A Fundraising Executive, who has some experience of trust fundraising, bid writing or tendering, is needed to join a leading hospice that provides respite and end of life care for adults in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, business savvy Fundraising Executive to progress their career learning from the best in the business.
Our client is a leading end-of-life care charity for Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. Since 1983 they’ve opened their arms and their hearts to support many thousands of local people, and their families, through the most difficult time of their lives. Undergoing an amazing journey, they are now seeking a Trust Fundraiser/ Bid Writer to develop, implement and continually evaluate the trust fundraising plan to maximise potential income.
Mentored by the Head of Community Relationships (a successful trust fundraiser), you will become the ‘go to’ person for raising money from trusts and foundations like Hospice UK, the National Lottery and Garfield Weston, as well as local and regional organisations. You’ll work with operational managers to identify cost funding needs and monitor grant expenditure; create compelling cases for support; research potential funders and prepare funding applications.
You will develop relationships with the trust administrators by reporting the impact of their grant, so they are compelled to donate in the future.
To qualify… You should be a Fundraising Executive / Trust Fundraiser/ Bid Writer/ Procurement Executive / Tendering Executive or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Some experience in trust fundraising, bid writing or writing business plans.
- Experience of researching funders and preparing cases for support.
- Experience of producing high quality written work.
- The ability to produce compelling and attractive applications and progress reports.
- An understanding of financial information and budgets.
- A track record in building relationships.
- A full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle.
The Fundraising Executive / Bid Writer will become part of a talented and enthusiastic team working in a great environment with excellent benefits that include:
- Work life balance – if you want to work all your hours in four-days or start
- and finish later, they can see if it’s possible.
- Holiday – 27 working days per year plus bank holidays. Pro rata for part time staff
- Pension – alongside your contribution, a contribution of 5% of gross earnings
- Health cashback, mental health first aiders, mindful moments sessions, Westfield counselling and a spiritual support team to talk to.
- Access to NHS discounts with the Blue Light Card and charityworkerdiscounts.com
- Access to the therapies team for a relaxing massage or aromatherapy, a book club, Tai Chi and other staff groups
- An annual staff social event
- Free parking and tea and coffee.